Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Quiet Rainy Day

John came home last night after more than a week away. He was in Mobile, Alabama working, and while the work is good I do get a little lonesome in his absence. Dottie's good company, but she doesn't snuggle the same way John does.

The good news was that John and I got to celebrate Valentine's Day. Just slightly belated.

I got him Cupcakes


He got me port.

Not a bad combo, right?

But today was back to the reality of life. Dottie awakes with the sun. Rain pouring down and causing too much traffic. Work taking me away from Johnny so soon after his return.

But there's only a few more hours of work before I can return home to my little girl and my husband. That's a very good thing.

1 comment:

  1. Glad he's back! I always miss Dan when he goes, too. In fact, the next time he goes I'm planning to flee to mother with the kids until he returns. :^)

    Can I have some cupcakes and port? :^)

    ReplyDelete