Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Knitting Project: Dottie's Blanket

Last week I hit a wall...a knitting wall. I lost motivation to knit to and from work. I lost motivation to knit Johnny's sweater. I needed a jump start.

Jump start #1: Seeing someone else knit on the train and realizing how easy it is to knit while taking the Metro.
Jump start #2: Dottie's blanket project.

I had this forest green yarn sitting around for about a year and a half. I originally bought it to make a sweater for my friend, but it was a bad plan. The yarn was way to soft and stretchy for a sweater. So I took it apart and the yarn sat in my stash since last May.

Then about two weeks ago I because obsessed with this yarn again. I wanted to make a cozy sweater for myself, but hello! I tried that last year and it didn't work.

Then I had a stroke of genius...puppy blanket.

Its getting a little cooler here in Southern California and I thought Dottie needed a little something to snuggle in. I was so right...


Pattern: Radiating Star Blanket (Ravelry link)
Yarn: Knit Picks Comfy Bulky in Arbor
On the needles October 28th to November 7th

The color is a little off in this picture, but as you can see its a cute little radiating star just as its name promised. I'd say it came out a great size for a baby or a 30 lb. puppy like ours. The yarn is soooo soft. A nice mix of cotton and acrylic that makes the blanket machine washable. Like I'd make something for a dog that wasn't machine washable :)

Now I feel much better. I've finished the knitting for my sister's Christmas gift and hit a major milestone in the knitting of my husband's sweater. I also worked up my nerve to start working on my dance wear line. Hopefully I'll have that to show off by the end of November!

No comments:

Post a Comment