Sunday, May 27, 2012

Week 2

Last week went well. I did miss one day of cross training because I had to have tests run and I couldn't eat until 2pm that day. Didn't sound like a good idea to work out. I also missed one day of running because John didn't get home from work until 9pm. With no treadmill option, I decided to skip the day.  But, I did run 3 days, cross train 1 day, and keep up my daily walks with Dottie and Lucy.

So onto week 2 of my training. So far its not off to a stellar start.

I supposed to walk 2 minutes and run 4 minutes 5 times. Tonight I did that twice. Then I ran for 2 minutes and uh...I burnt out. I could stand the calf burning, but when it hit my ankles it was too much. I'd say my running is also a cross between speed walking and jogging. It will get better though. I couldn't totally give up though because I was 1.2 miles from my house. So I just turned around and briskly walked home.

As if the threat of emergency surgery wasn't even to keep me moving, we stepped into Lululemon today.




















I like. I want. BUT I have to loose like 3 inches off my hips to fit into the largest size. Boo!

At least I have lost 3 lbs. in the last 2 weeks. Something about cutting out sweets, beef, pork, fried foods, and whole milk products from my diet. Again, nothing like the threat of emergency surgery to make a gal stick to her diet.

I also finished knitting a nice summer sweater this week. Part of a month long festival I'm participating in. Turned out really nice and I think it will gat a lot of wear in the office this summer.






3 comments:

  1. Better to start off nice and slow (especially with your diagnosis) than overdo it and burn out. I think you're doing just fine.

    Are you back at work already??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sweater - I love knitting but I haven't graduated past socks.
    Take good care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete