Friday, June 29, 2012


So, day two post-op. Its going okay. I won't say good, but manageable.

The surgery went just fine. They were running about an hour late. So I was anxious and sooo ready to get it over with. Plus the later it started, the longer I would be stuck at the surgery center.

I wasn't really nervous until I actually got into the operating room. Then I was thinking 'Oh shit! This is real!'. I scooted my butt onto the table. Spent a minute or two looking around and then...nothing.

Next thing I know I wake up somewhere else (the recovery area) am completely disoriented and in the worse pain ever. I just kept saying 'I hurt. I hurt. I hurt.' until they did something about it. I also desperately had to lay on my left side. So the nurses helped me move.

Because they have to blow up your stomach full of air in the procedure I had to be intubated too. I was scared I would wake up still intubated, but I wasn't. I just had the worst phlegm and it hurt to cough it up.

Thankfully I went back to sleep and woke up feeling a little better. But I was also just so emotional. I'd been storing up breast milk is preparation but I was worried it would run out before I could nurse again. It made me upset while in recovery. Thankfully I did not run out of milk!

My poor Mom though. She was waiting for me. The surgeon had come out and told her everything went fine, but then she was left sitting there as every single other waiting party got to go back and see their loved ones. I was okay, but I'd just been in so much pain that they gave me a bit of relief and I had passed out!

She did finally get to come back, and once I had some juice, used the restroom, and had all my various cored removed, I could go home.

Yesterday my lovely Aunt Erin came to help me during the day. She brought along my cousins and Brin proved to be an excellent baby entertainer. My Mom also came out and helped me eat dinner and get Lucy ready for bed. I'm extremely grateful for their help. I'm also grateful to Emily who is coming tonight to walk Dottie.

Unfortunately Lucy did not sleep well last night at all! So tired today and looking forward to taking her to daycare for a few hours so I can get some sleep. Also looking forward to a weekend of John being home to help out.

If anyone wants to see my wounds click on this link. I won't post them here because that's just mean.

In other news...

I was really sad to be retiring this romper. It is the type of outfit I would never buy myself. (Come on...who buys Ralph Lauren for a baby?) But it was a generous gift from my Dad's friend and his wife.

Sadly Lucy is out growing it in length.

But then John and I went to a 2nd hand baby store and guess what I found. $8 and brand new...

Not exactly the same, but close enough and just as cute.

Love my wiggle girl, even if she did keep me up all night.

1 comment:

  1. Your baby is adorable! I hope you're feeling much better by now.