Monday, August 23, 2010

Book Report: The Market Square

My mother gave me this book to read months ago. I'm pretty sure I was in the middle of planning my wedding, trying frantically to make fabric pom-poms, knit my veil, and trying to finish the 6 books I checked out from the library before they were over due (total fail on that last part). Anyways, I'm sad I waited so long because this little book was darling.

Such a quick read! My mom said it should only take a day or two to read all of its 200 pages, but I'm busy and a slow reader, so it took me more than a week. (Oh the shame!) Most nights I've been so tired after being awoken as the ungodly hour of 7am by our puppy, then working all day and exercising at night. Oh and there's those little things called cooking and laundry and stuff to throw in there. Makes me so tired! I'm in trouble when we have kids. How do people work and have kids? I don't know, but I guess I'll find out someday.

Wait, what was I writing about? Oh yeah, the book. It started a little slow for me because I couldn't figure out where it was going. Once I realized that was the point I settled into enjoy the characters. This book is all about the characters. If you enjoy books about small towns, you should certainly check out The Market Square. I hear she wrote a whole series of books like this. Perfect for relaxing and letting yourself go into the world she creates. I don't think many are still in print, but your local library or used book stores might have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment